Monday, November 3, 2008

This weekend - Friends and Family



This weekend, I was very privileged to be a part of my niece's Christening.  We are not Catholic, but we felt that we wanted to go to support her decision and be a part of her life and especially the lives of her children.  

We had such a great time.  My tiny niece was so beautiful in her gown.  I can't even describe it!  She was so sweet.  TJ, the two-year-old brother, was equally handsome in his little vest and tie.  S. and her husband are charming, handsome and fun!  We had such a great time with them.  I also enjoyed being with her "in-laws" and my parents.  Everyone was happy, full of good food, and getting along marvelously.  

We also were able to attend the church I grew up in as a child.  The pastor that is there now was our pastor in MS in our tiny little church where we attended as very young marrieds.  We had our oldest while he was there.  It was so good to see them and hear him preach.  

Also at church were a couple old (long-time) friends that I enjoy seeing.  One of them is one of my very loyal blog-readers.  She told me how much she enjoys reading it and keeping up with us.  She is probably my "longest" friend.  She and I have been friends since we were about 2 or 3 years old.  (Notice I didn't say "oldest" since she and I are just about the same age.) It was very sweet to see her,chat with her, and give her a hug.  Of course, there were long periods when we didn't have very much contact, but now I can see her when I go "home".  She is the same. Hopefully I am too.  Hopefully we haven't changed very much.  I feel very satisfied that God gave me some very rich experiences this weekend to look back on.  I am so grateful for His kindnesses to us this weekend.

Since we traveled back last night and got home about 8:30, I am still trying to get into the swing of Monday morning.  Three of the kids are off to school (#4 has a rash and will need to see the doctor this morning), the washer and dryer are going strong, the piles and piles of laundry are waiting to be cycled through.  It is a typical Monday for me.  But, the house is pretty quiet and I will be enjoying getting things back in order for a busy week.  Today is my big sigh after a weekend on the road.

No comments: