Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Uninspired

So, as summer drags on and the kids are home and we are doing puzzles, reading, (#2) clarinet, (#1) zoo volunteer, (#3) elimination diet, and (#1,2, and 4) pool, I am feeling busy, but not so busy, bored, but not bored, never in a routine (which I like routine), and uninspired.  I feel that I wish my kids wanted to get out more as all the errands I run are "quickly to the store" and back or "to the zoo" (to drop off #1) and back.  They never want to go anywhere other than the places I have already mentioned.  And, what is missing?  My friends.  I was able to crop at least once a month and see friends at least twice a week. I am trying to get inspired to clean up, but everything just gets messed up so quickly.  Ho hum.....

We started a new read-aloud last night.  We haven't read aloud regularly for several months.  I kept trying to start one and they found it boring.  I hope we can complete this one.  And complete the huge, hard elephant puzzle that is scattered all over my coffee table.  I hope I can get re-inspired to clean out my closet and maybe hubby's too.  I hope I can get the gumption to give away some stuff.  These are my goals for myself.  I am convinced that is better than setting goals for kids that they don't want to accomplish.  Anyone reading this post?  Say a prayer for me.....

Oh, and what I really need is a "mom's night out" and maybe someone to scrapbook with.  Anyone up for that?


4 comments:

friend S said...

Oh my gosh!!! ME TOOO. I am trying so hard and with low levels of motivation to get the house in order, keep the kitchen clean enough to dine in and the living room and den clean enough to walk through. I have gotten into taking picture again which I would love to crop with you. Let's make a date. I'll ask husband to watch the kids. It even motivates me to work more at this treadmill in the house!!!!

rosegirl said...

I am ready!!!

scraphappy said...

I am ready too! I haven't been able to scrap for over a month and I feel so behind! People keep visiting so I have to keep the house up but I am so tired of kids not wanting to do anything!!!!

friend S said...

I cleaned the playroom today!! Yea. I feel like I pulled a train through the city.. so tired.

N's bike is in and ready to pick up this Saturday! Can you imagine N riding a bike? I'm so excited! (I wrote that so your blog readers wouldn't think all I do is clean house.) Happy Fourth!! Looking forward to the crop!!!