Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Mystery

We have this really slippery spot on our floors and stairs.  So slippery that #1 fell twice coming down the stairs!  He wasn't hurt, but he sure was sore.  Anyway, I have not cleaned the floors lately, the cleaning lady comes next week (so it wasn't her), and the dog was safely locked up so she couldn't have secretly stood on her hind legs and polished the floors.  The only thing I can think of is that while I was dusting the table in the foyer before I put up my nativity I have there, I got some Pledge on the floor.  But it is a huge area on both sides of the stairs and in front of them. Weird!  Well, now I have to clean the floors and get the "polish" off of them.  They have to be dull and lifeless again so my kids won't fall down.  How do I do that?  And #1 might be happy to not fall again, but the other kids will miss sliding on them.  Since we noticed it this afternoon, they have had a great time getting a running start and sliding into the front door!

2 comments:

rosegirl said...

I missed the totally obvious reason! My kids were cleaning on the sly! Not sure if that will repeat itself or not....

kosovacajun said...

I've often slipped on spray starch where I've been ironing.